Hospital Bag: 12 Essentials
As a future mom, you've probably already started to prepare for the baby's arrival. The bedroom is decorated, you attend prenatal classes, you make sure to stay in shape… But is your hospital bag ready?
One thing is certain: it will be extremely useful to you when the time comes to give birth to your child. Here are a few must-haves it should include:
- Your important documents: health insurance card, hospital card, birth plan, etc.
- Your medications and treatments (if applicable).
- A complete hygienic kit: deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, etc.
- Comfortable clothing, underwear and shoes (that you wore during your pregnancy,
- Snacks to keep you energized during labour, which can be long.
- A water bottle to help keep you hydrated.
- A bag where you can store your dirty clothes.
- Tissues and toilet paper, since those in the hospital are not always great.
- Plugs for better sleep and headphones for listening to music.
- A small beauty/makeup case, which will help you feel better about yourself.
- A small lamp for the night.
- A nursing shawl, very useful to keep breastfeeding while your loved ones visit you.
Of course, this list is not comprehensive; it's up to you to put together your ideal hospital bag. The important thing is that when it is time to give birth to your baby, you have everything you need to be as comfortable as possible.
Good news: L’Enfantillon carries many items that are perfect for a well-stocked hospital bag. Do not hesitate to browse our regular collections, our samples and our Green Space!